Sunday, May 16, 2021

Bought basil :-(

My basils are still/really looking bad.  Couldn't risk a basil-less summer, so bought some.  It's been so long since I've bought seedlings, I forgot how they jam a handful of seeds into teeny cells.  While up-potting them today, rather than try to pry them apart I just snipped off all but the "best".  They're quite leggy so "best" is relative.  I did get one of the bigger sizes of purple basil and fortunately there were only two in that pot, and those look quite nice and busy so those I did pry apart.

Also pruned one of the purples and a few of the genovese.  I'll give the rest of them a day or two before pruning, to let them settle in.

According to their tag, the genovese was started April 1st.  (I started mine April 10th.)

No comments:

Post a Comment