Sunday, August 6, 2023

Transplanted bush beans -- how will they fare?

Transplanted into the garden (in-ground and in pots) most of the bush beans that I started in potting mix on July 30th.

This involved also splitting them up from their cell-mates.

So, I'll be curious to see if they do ok, since I think I read that beans don't like to be transplanted.  But, worth an experiment, especially given the issues I have with getting them to germinate in-ground.

Some of the beans went into two of my nice-sized black pots from which I harvested the first two sets of potatoes.  I amended before transplanting with alfalfa, mrp, azomite, and kelp meal.  The north pot has the white bush beans and the south pot has the other bush beans.

The others went into the gaps in the central bed's SW corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment