Sunday, August 13, 2023

Oh no! Zucchini plant due to broken stem -- no evidence of SVB

The potted zucchini in the big terra-cotta-coloured container by the a/c, which had been doing really well and producing nicely, slowed down in recent days (as have all the other zukes -- I'm guessing it's generally because I have't done a mid-season amendment) -- and a few days ago I noticed it was all floppy.  At first I was sure it would be due to a SVB making it in under the tulle because I hadn't secured it all that well -- there were definitely gaps.  But -- in looking at the plant more closely, suddenly the main growing part broke right off.  I dissected it and didn't see any trace of SVB.  I think the stem broke either from me / people damaging it, or potentially from the weight of hanging down from the container.

So, removed the whole plant and will use it for the leftover bush beans -- 4 left over still in the little seedling pots from several weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment