Wednesday, August 3, 2022

SVB worms (tiny) found in several leaf stems of the un-tulled a/c zucchini

I had been occasionally checking for / removing eggs, but not religiously (because, 60-something zucchinis and counting, so far...).  Had a closer look today at some bruised / dying / dead leaves -- removed them and inspected, and sure enough, found several itty bitty teeny tiny wormies in there.

My guess is some have by now made it into the main stem.  I won't interfere with those, will leave them be.

So far this plant has given me 1 zucchini.  (The first one on it had fizzled, but the second one took.)  I think it will give a few more before the SVB zap it.

Haven't found any worms yet in the two smaller central-bed untulled zucchinis.  (Nor in any of the tulled zucchinis though I don't look closely at the tulled ones.)

No comments:

Post a Comment