Sunday, July 31, 2022

Broccoli fall crop transplanted into ground, fertilized, and covered with LV floating row cover

Transplanted the 4 PT-sprouted piracicabas into the ground today.  Maybe risky as they're at the same spot as 4 of the removed ones, so chance of caterpillar in ground and re-emerging?  But it's the only spot I have open, so I'll give it a go.  Amended the soil as below.  Placed the row cover from LV over hoops, BUT I don't like this stuff because it also has sections of small "holes" where if a butterfly landed just so, the egg would definitely go through the cover.  So I'll ask around and see if I can find a better one.

Mixed these into the ground today at the 4 spots:

1 Tbsp alfalfa

2 Tbsps kelp meal

2 Tbsps MRP

And set the seeds into vermiculite to make sure they don't get stuck underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment