Monday, June 14, 2021

Cardinal pair at same time as song sparrows! Arguments! -- and a rat! chipmunk too!

At lunch time (it's a work day) I noticed a female cardinal at the green feeder!  At the same time as 3 song sparrows were eating!  Then a male cardinal came by and ate from the table (from the mixed-seed plate)!  The male then hopped to the ground and foraged there for a while.

Some minor arguments as the song sparrows tried to shoo the cardinals away, but I think they worked it out fairly amicably.

But wow, so cool, 5 birds of 2 species at the same time!

A few minutes later, I had my first sighting of the neighbourhood rat.  Very cute!  But I feel like not something I should encourage.  So, placed my dog's fur at the fence and at a spot of the bed s/he was trying to dig, no idea if that will work.

Also, yesterday started seeing the chipmunk, and earlier today too.  (Actually saw 2 chipmunks at once yesterday)

It's a zoo around here...!

No comments:

Post a Comment