Monday, January 8, 2024

Prepared the soilless mix -- and bought new bag of seaweed meal from R's at fraction the price of Gaia

 Prepared the soilless mix yesterday -- with ZERO of the leftover promix.

So, it contains only:

- peat moss

- vermiculite

- perlite

- kelp meal

- azomite

- mrp

- alfalfa pellets

- lime

- myke (actually not yet added, bought some today and will add it in before using)


And, since my kelp meal is starting to run low, bought some more from Ritchie's.  The guy at the counter said either I can buy Gaia and pay over $200 for 20 kg, or I can buy a different brand that's marketed for horse feed, and pay $95 for 25 kg.  !!!!  So I went for the horse feed -- made by Acadian Seaplants Limited.  I emailed them tonight just to confirm whether it's kelp or some other type of seaweed, so, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment