Sunday, July 25, 2021

Ronde de nice more compact that zucchini plants?

Hmmm, I'm noticing that the ronde de nice by the air conditioner (which has been producing) is a lot more compact / shorter leaves than the zucchini.  Even the newest zucchini transplants' (which haven't yet produced) leaves are much taller than the ronde's.

I can't remember if previous years' rondes were also so compact, but a web search finds lots of pages that describe rondes as compact:  "... savory "bush" variety squash that remains very compact and is great for growing in tight spaces or raised beds. "

I didn't cover this ronde, but it would have been way easy to cover than the crazy zucchini plants.  So, I think next year I'll put more emphasis on rondes, and will try to give them their own area where they won't be shaded out by zucchinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment