Thursday, July 8, 2021

Daycare sunflower opened!!! It looks true!! -- But not attracting bees?

The main flower of the daycare sunflower in the central bed opened!!  It's beautiful!  The same two-tone that I loved last year.  This is from the seeds (flower head) the daycare owner gave me last fall.  I wasn't optimistic that they'd be true, but so far I'm totally impressed, there will be oodles of flowers on the plant thanks to all the branching, just like the plant I oohed and aahed over last year.

The two other daycare sunflowers are behind -- the one in the NW corner is coming along for sure, but looks smaller an not opened yet -- the one in front of the fence is quite runty looking, but so are the other two sunflowers in front of the fence.

Added this note a few days later:  Hardly any bees/etc. attracted to it...?  (Compared to last year's mammoths which were "hives" of activity)

No comments:

Post a Comment