Friday, July 30, 2021

Harvested first big tomatoes! Yellow Rainbow Blend ("darker seed")

At first I thought I was harvesting it at the breaker stage, but once I brought it inside I realized it's actually a yellow tomato.  This plant was from a "darker seed" from the Rainbow Blend.  Wasn't totally sure if it was ripe, but decided to throw caution to the wind and slice it and have it with a cucumber sandwich.  It seemed nice and ripe, but, I have to say, it was kind of bland.  Maybe I'm just not used to non-red tomatoes and it's a mental thing?  But it was very edible, and nice and firm to have in a sandwich.

Oh and while part of the exterior was nice and yellow, other parts are weird looking... looks like the inside is brownish...  I haven't sliced into those parts yet... hope there's nothing "interesting" in there...!  --> Edited to say I didn't find anything "interesting" in the brown parts.

Decided to also harvest the other blushing one on the same plant.  It's just as big but less yellow, has more ripening to do.  It also has weird-looking brownish colouration... we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment