Saturday, April 8, 2017

Sowed more petunias, and, some columbines

With how good those February-sowed petunias are looking, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool to not buy any flowers this year because I'm using my own flower seedlings?  (Ok, perennials are the obvious answer here, but oh well.)


So, today I sowed another tray of the same petunias, as well as a tray of a veined variety that I couldn't resist buying at the store yesterday.


I also sowed a tray of several-year-old columbines that I found in my seed jar.  I didn't have any success growing those outside when I tried a few years ago, but why not give them a try inside to use up the rest of the seeds.


And yes, I'm starting to freak out just a little that I may end up running out of room under the lights!  Hence getting the fan going today, and some outside soil-warmers to get things ready for the first outside transplantings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment