Monday, April 24, 2017

Déjà peas

Feels like last year all over again, sigh! Dug around gently in the pea bed around the emerging seedlings... sure enough it appears there are large gaps of nothing where I had once planted pea seeds.

So, today I filled in the gaps with whatever pea seeds I had left, no pre-soaking, no inoculant.

Also transplanted three more of the indoor peas which had germinated and were a few inches tall. Not sure if any of the others will appear later... I sure hope so or else it looks like, once again, a bummer of a pea crop!

One problem with the indoor peas is there seems to be some mold from those decomposing toilet paper tubes.  But I must say, they have held their integrity very well for the purpose of transplanting the pealings -- not falling apart or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment