Saturday, June 19, 2021

Prepared two pots for zucchini

(Prepared the pots, but they won't contain the zucchini plants until later once I have seedlings from the new seeds.)

One pot says on its edge 6 gallons.  The other pot doesn't say but is a bit smaller because tapered bottom, so it's maybe ~5 gallons?

Contents in each pot:

Pro-Mix Premium Potting Mix

Soil from under eaves (north bed)

Vermiculite

Mineralized phosphate:  Directions say 2 Tbsp per gallon, so, 12 Tbsp per 6-gallon pot.  So, that's what I did.  (Oops, the tapered pot got a little extra because I forgot it was smaller.)

Kelp meal:  Directions say 2 Tbsp per gallon, but, I don't want to risk too much nitrogen, so I'll halve that.  So, I put 6 Tbsp per 6-gallon pot.  (Oops, the tapered pot got a little extra because I forgot it was smaller.)

No comments:

Post a Comment