Monday, August 10, 2020

Powdery mildew: Gave up, no point since no squash/zucchinis etc. anyway

Up until last week or so, I was still applying water / white vinegar / oil mixture every few days and cutting off the worst leaves.  Now though I've stopped, what's the point fighting it, since there's still only ONE single winter squash (the vertical butternut), new winter squashes continue dying before flowering, and 3 of the 4 remaining zucchini plants look they are never going to produce anything.  There's only 1 zucchini plant I have any moderate hopes of getting anything else from; one of the rondes has some promising-looking fruit. 

So anyway, yeah, I'm going to let what will be, be with the squash.  (Though I'll keep monitoring the one half-decent zucchini for SVB)

No comments:

Post a Comment