Saturday, August 1, 2020

"Cucumber Yellow Vein Virus" or a Mosaic Virus -- I'm pretty sure this is what must be affecting my plants

Learned about Cucumber Yellow Vein Virus today from a post on the edible gardens group.
 
Quite sure this is at least what's affecting my cucumbers and maybe some of my other various plant issues.
 
Note to self for next year, these are the things that seem to be unaffected by this/these diseases:
 
NOT affected:
chard
broccoli
lettuce
celery
parsley
basil
zucchini
ronde de nice
carrots
beets
asparagus
zinnias
potatoes
 
AFFECTED, from worst to less bad:
 
bean* (especially west wall variety -- all of its leaves have by now dried up and crumbled away, plant did not grow to full potential)
cucumber (leaves looking bad now, but I had a good harvest, so all isn't lost)
winter squash (vertical plants worse than central bed, so far)
ground cherry (I predict leaves will start looking quite bad within a few weeks, but, I had a great harvest, so all isn't lost)
tomato (leaves starting to look badly affected by something, but might be a different issue -- anyway I had a great harvest, so all isn't lost)
sunflower* (they're all flowering nicely, and hopefully will produce mature seeds, TBD)
 
The beans and sunflowers might be a different issue, as their leaves look rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment