Monday, May 18, 2020

Transplanted a few ground cherries, a tomato, and some basil

Not going all out with transplanting just yet, as night temperatures are going to 6-9 range tonight and a few more nights, but, decided to get a few things into the ground.  Daytime is gorgeous now, forecast calling for well into the 20s for the next couple of weeks, and sunny.

Ground cherries
- 2 into the west bed
- 1into a container -- I chose the worst-looking one, which is the one with the most sun burn.  If this one can "make it", then maybe containers could be an option in future.  (Last year's container ground cherry did hardly anything)  Made a nice mix for the soil, consisting of:  some of today's self-harvested compost; vermiculite; condo's free soil; dumpings from last year's containers.  Then I topped with ground leaves, with cedar mulch over top of that.

Tomato
- 1 into a container -- again I chose the worst-looking one, which is one of the sweeties (cherry tomato).  Same soil mix as above, but I don't think I put leaves before the cedar mulch.

Basil
- 3 into a container.  Chose three nice compact-looking plants.  Same soil mix as above, but I don't think I put leaves before the cedar mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment