Monday, May 18, 2020

Compost from the compost bin!

My first decent "harvest" from the compost bin, which I bought/started in August 2016... 3.5 years ago!  (I've taken a bit from the front of the bin here and there in previous years but never really got in there as I did today)

Looks so amazing!  Full of little critters in there, doing they're thing.  Dug as far back as I could without the upper part falling down.  Too bad they didn't put a door two adjacent sides, would be so much easier to access the back.

Ended up with two containers full.  (the plastic "terracotta" round ones)

Used ~half for today's transplantings (two ground cherries in ground; one ground cherry in container; one tomato in container; 3 basils in container).  Put a lid on the left over to use later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment