Saturday, May 2, 2020

Columbine INFESTED with tiny orange insects with black spot

Noticed recently that the self-sowing columbine that has lived in the broken pot for ages isn't doing well this year.

I had noticed it looked rusty-coloured, and was small and wrinkled/eaten-looking, but hadn't really looked closely.

Until today -- a real close look revealed it's covered in tiny orange insects with black dots!

They look the same size as the ones I saw on the asparagus, but I don't recall the asparagus ones having a black dot.

I really need to get a magnifying glass to be able to have a better look at things like this.

Removed as much as I could, leaving just some roots and one piece that looks healthy.

Then moved the pot next to the fence/garbage.  TBD whether keep or not.

Also sprayed remaining with soapy water.

No comments:

Post a Comment