Saturday, April 13, 2019

New beet/carrot bed prepped; garlic and onions are up, moved some of them

Sunny warm day today, and all the snow in the yard has been melted for a few weeks.  So, got my hands dirty today.

- Prepped the new beet/carrot bed.  Didn't sow anything yet though -- will wait a couple more weeks.

- Garlics are up!  Including not only the ones bought/sowed last fall (of which five are speedy growers whereas most are just little tips), but also -- a bonus one near the hydro meter!  It must be one I accidentally missed last year.  It had four big, healthy looking cloves , each with big, healthy looking green shoots!  So I split up the four cloves and planted them elsewhere since zukes will be going in that bed this year.

- Several onions appearing as well.  Two or three look like grannies that I would think will have seed heads this year.  So, I moved them into a better place.  Some smaller ones here and there throughout the yard, which I also moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment