Tuesday, May 30, 2017

To bean or not to bean... Sigh!

Well, the beans are pretty much a complete deja-vu of the outdoor pea seeding situation:  The beans I sowed on May 20th are kaput.

Two of them showed themselves a few days ago, poking just out of the soil.  But today when I noticed they hadn't grown at all since then and were a sickly pale colour, I checked them out and sure enough both had been chopped.  So, I dug around to look for the rest, and -- no sign at all of any, except one which had germinated.

Sigh!

So, tonight I sowed round 2, inside in peat pots, just like I did with the peas.  Put 3-4 lima beans per pot (will thin) and 2 yellow wax beans per pot. 

Hopefully the beans will do as well as those indoor-sown peas are doing (they look great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment