Sunday, August 8, 2021

Carrots ALL harvested -- great harvest! Bolero next year for sure!

Harvested ALL the remaining carrots today.  Previously I had harvested only a handful.  So, there were lots, and they almost all were very decent sizes. Best carrot harvest in several years for sure -- by far!  My guess is because of the minimally enhanced soil in this bed (central bed southwest corner), plus trying Bolero.

Next year I will forego Nantes and Touchon, and grow only Bolero, as they seem to have done the best.  (Hard to say 100% sure the difference because I used Bolero seeds to fill gaps in the Nantes/Touchon.)

Oh, and I came across an article (can't find it now) saying Bolero are very good for longer term storage, bonus.

Reason for harvesting them all in one go is because I moved the birdfeeder to that area today.

No comments:

Post a Comment