Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Ground cherry flower-snipping update

The only ground cherry that's looking great is the one in the big pot (which I hadn't snipped).  Did not snip it today either, will let it be.

The north one in the central area (which I hadn't snipped) looks pathethic.  So, today I snipped off all of the flowers/immature fruit.

The one next to the air conditioner (which I hadn't snipped) looks pathetic.  So, today I snipped off all of the flowers/immature fruit.

The south one in the central area (which I snipped on May 21st) is only just now starting to look like it will grow -- leaves starting to look darker and coming in more fully.

The one next to the compost (which I snipped on May 21st) is also only just now starting to look a little better. 


------> So:  Regarding my snipping experiment:  Overall, it seems that snipping the fruit/flowers helped promote growth, but not very quickly.  And, the potted one is a huge exception -- it looks fantastic, and I hadn't snipped it.

No comments:

Post a Comment