Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Bean saga continued

So, the only beans that came up in the peat pots indoors were the lima beans!  Gak!  I dug around in the pot soil, and all of the yellow beans failed -- smooshy and no sign of life at all, except one lonely seed that seemed to have sprouted (which I then tried to re-sow, so hopefully it will survive).

I wonder if it's because I pre-soaked them and then put them into moist soil and the peat pots were all one up against the other so the soil remained very wet, and they rotted.  And for some reason the lima beans were ok with those condition, but the yellow ones were just not.

So!  Yellow beans round three tonight.  Two seeds per pot.  This time I did NOT presoak the seeds, and the jiffy pots are spread out so there's ventilation around their sides.  Oh, and I forgot to put inoculant.

Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment