Saturday, April 10, 2021

Peas started hardening off; added pre-soaked peas to fill gaps, WHICH SOMEONE ATE WITHIN HOURS!

Hardening off:  Placed them in mostly-shade behind the chairs, on the ground.

Pre-soaked peas:  Soaked them overnight, put them into the gaps this morning before setting out to harden.  Wow!  Someone found and ate the seeds within hours of me putting the trays out to harden!  The potting mix was clearly dug in those gaps, and the seeds gone.  Whoever it was didn't bother the sprouted ones / seedlings, even the teency ones.  So, I'm pre-soaking replacements and will try again, but keeping the pea trays raised up off the ground.  My first guess is it's the mole/vole/mouse rodent thing I see occasionally; second guess would be birds but I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment