Thursday, February 18, 2021

Vegan-friendly potting soil!

After learning that Pro-mix's MP mix has bird-based fertilizer (due to trade secrets they couldn't tell me if it's from the feathers, eggs, or birds themselves), I emailed them to ask if any of their mixes aren't formulated with animal products.  To my great surprise, yes! their Premium Potting Mix and Premium All Purpose Mix are vegan-friendly.  Of course there can be contamination from the production line, but the formula itself doesn't include any animal-based products, including the fertilizers which are synthetic.

So I picked up three bags, and put my home-made mixing plans on hold.

I'm donating the MP mix to a local community garden, and have re-potted the broccolis and begonia into this new soil.


No comments:

Post a Comment