Friday, April 24, 2020

Mayday! Mayday!!!! FLYING INSECT IN SEEDLING ROOM!!!!!!

Argh!!!!!!!!!  While inspecting seedling room plants tonight, an insect flew away from the top shelf!!!!

(I wasn't able to catch the fly)

That's the shelf that's been housing most of the blue soil, which is the soil that broccolis were in which are almost officially an entire flop.

Pleeeeeeeease don't tell me that was a thrip or whatever and is going to damage everything!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I immediately whisked away ALL blue soil plants (I've been labelling them as blue soil, just in case).  Brought them downstairs and covered them in plastic.  They will simply have to start hardening off, starting tomorrow, so that they can get some sun.  Will bring in at night and cover in plastic.

All my sunflowers and Scotia tomatoes were in the blue soil, sigh... Hopefully they will manage...

---- Of note, this is one year TO THE DAY (plus one) that I first noticed issues with stuntiness last year!  Everything (except the broccoli) is looking so goooooooooooooooood....  please let this goodness continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment