Sunday, August 4, 2019

JPB sub-vine lost to SVB!!!! 3 worms found in vines/stems including one with 2 biggest bananas!!! Started BTK. Another moth.

Despite all my vigilance, I missed the damage on one sub-vine until it was too late.  Fortunately, that sub-vine (W side) didn't have any fruit on it.  Removed it.

Unfortunately, that sub-vine joins up to the main vine that leads to the two biggest/oldest banana squash!!!!!!!!  And one of the worms was right in the crook/joint of that sub-vine, so I really had to dig him/her out (which I did -- positive i.d.).  Covered this wound with a bunch of wet soil which I tried to "wrap" onto the area.

Hopefully the fact that the vine has rooted at many places will keep those squash going enough to ripen at least.

Caved and finally went to the store for BTK.  Injected some inside the vines at today's location as well as others that had been issues (SE corner, and SW north of the big squash).

Just as I was finishing up with all of this...  Saw another moth flying around.  Sighhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment