Thursday, July 18, 2019

Squash vine borer wasp seen among squash!!!!!

Oh no!  Saw an unmistakable squash vine borer wasp flying in and out of the squash today (central patch).  Red/black with those three dots.

I had removed the floating row cover from the other central part several weeks ago,

and,

the zucchinis near the kitchen door had outgrown their floating row cover in the past week or two so the cover had been loosely flying over it with many leaves coming out from under it.

The only benefit I can think of from my late start zucchinis is that I'll be able to much more easily inspect the stem for damage, since those plants are so much smaller / less bushy.

What can I do now for the bigger plants though?  Way too many leaves/stems to inspect for eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment