Friday, March 15, 2019

General update

General update:

All of the current vermiculite pots have sprouted now, although not the best germination rate overall.

Celery:  Several have appeared, so I should be good now for celery

Parsley:  Two from the original sowing are now in soil and look to be doing ok.  Two from the second sowing have appeared, but are still tiny and look very wimpy.  Haven't repotted them yet.  Time will tell.

Onions:  Lots of them, looking great, which I potted into soil about a week ago.  Some I put into smaller containers, and some I put four into a single container, so it will be interesting to see if they all do well.

Lupins:  Only one of the lupins sprouted, and is looking good.  (It was sowed in soil, so hasn't been repotted.)

Tuberous begonias:  The one that sprouted (the pink one, sigh) looks great -- hope it will slow down its growth though!  I just now dug into the other tuberous begonia, thinking it was a dud, but found a sprout growth thing.  So, covered it back up.  Hopefully it will turn into something, especially as I prefer the yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment