Saturday, February 18, 2017

It must be spring! Brand new VSSS, and -- wakey wakey, petunias and tuberous begonias!

Oooooooh, look at my brand new Super-Duper Professional Grade Vertical Seed Starting Structure (VSSS)! 

Actually just a run of the mill metal shelving unit from the hardware store, plus some boot trays to better support the flimsy plastic greenhouse trays, with one of my ancient grow lights hooked up to test it out.  I love it!  So exciting!  Can't wait to get it all filled up with seeds and plantlings soon! 

Alas though, too soon to get much started just yet.  But, I did plant some petunia seeds (my first time trying that), and I'm hoping to wake up last fall's begonia tubers by potting them (my first time trying that, too).   There they are soaking in some rays on the bottom shelf!  Ooooh!  Ahhhh!

DIY vertical seed starting system!

No comments:

Post a Comment